Lively discussions regarding Landlord Tenant law. How to avoid legal entanglements. Strategies regarding rent control, maximizing rent and legal requirements under the law.
Statewide Rent Control & Obtaining a Successful Eviction
1. The Impact of Statewide Rent Control
2. Strategies To Obtain Market Rent Under Statewide Rent Control
3. What Steps should Be Taken Prior To Leasing A Unit
4. Items That Must Be Contained In Your Lease Agreement
5. Change Of Ownership Requirements
6. The Unlawful Detainer Process
7. Rent Control Notice Must Be Posted On The Property
8. Service Of The Rent Registration Certificate
9. New Requirements To Serve A 3 Day Notice
10. Items Required In A 3 Day Notice To Quit
11. Keep Accurate Rental Records
12. When Does A 3 Day Notice Expire
Update-You cannot serve a 60 day notice on property subject to Statewide Rent Control after Oct. 31, 2019
Introducing My New Co-Host, Ryan Block
1. Judge's Bias
2. Advocating for Landlord Rights
3. New Laws Regarding Airbnb
4. Laundry Leases
5. Reimbursement for Soft Retro-Fitting
6. New Rules for a 3 Day Notice in Unincorporated LA County
7. Ellis Act- The Ultimate Rent Control Solution
Landlord Tenant Video-Cast-Sept. 22, 2018
1. A New 3 Day Notice to Pay Rent or Quit
2. Tenants Refuse to Give Their Names After a Foreclosure
3. Prejudgment Claimants Delaying Eviction Cases
4. Tenants Displaying Signs in Their Windows
5. How to Terminate a Section 8 Tenancy
6. Service/Comfort Animals
7. Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
1. Free Attorneys Appointed For Tenants.
2. Request For Jury Trials In Tenant Eviction Cases.
3. New Language In A 3 Day Pay Or Quit Notice
4. Canceling Section 8 Contracts In LA Rent Control
5. Rents Determine The Value Of The Property.
1. Rent Control Spreading
2. Vacancy Decontrol
3. Malcontent Tenants
4. Nuisance Tenants
5. Evidence Required For A Nuisance Eviction
6. Shriver Project-Free Attorney Requesting Jury Trials
7. Settling Eviction Cases
8. Sealing Eviction Records
9 Unauthorized Persons
10. Monetary Awards In Eviction Actions
11. Smoking Marijuana On The Premises
1. Costa Hawkins Saved!
2. Separate Parking Agreement.
3. Removing Amenities Equal Lower Rent.
4. Storing Items in the Common Areas.
5. Evicting Tenants for Partial Payment of Rent.
6. Rent Control Strategies.
1. Doing evictions in San Diego
2. Tenants displaced due to fires.
3. Require Renter's Insurance.
4. Evicting elderly or infirmed tenants.
5. Unauthorized subtenants in possession.
6. Evictions on legal holidays.
7. How the new recreational marijuana law will impact landlords.
8. No smoking buildings
1. Rent Control is Spreading. The steps landlords must take now.
2. Tenants requesting jury trials in tenant eviction actions.
3. Substituting Tenants
1. Switching Roommates
2. Aggressive Dogs as Service Animals
3. When Can You Serve a Rent Notice
4. Smoking in Common Areas
5. Cultivating Marijuana
6. Tenants Paying for Capital Improvements
7. Voluntary Vacate Agreements
8. Parking Unauthorized Vehicles
1. Tenant dies in unit.
2. Personal Property of tenant.
3. Subleasing- Airbnb
5. Rent Increases
6. What units are under rent control.
7. Tenant's obligation to provide access.
1. Costa Hawkins explained.
2. No rent limitations for condos or townhouses.
3. Unruh Act-Discrimination